About the strategic context of this outcome
Auckland Transport Alignment Project (ATAP) and New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) investment
The $28 billion package of investments agreed between the government and the council as part of the ATAP will do much to improve city centre connectivity by delivering projects such as:
- the City Rail Link (CRL)
- city centre to Māngere light rail (CC2M)
- city centre to northwest rapid transit
- bus priority along key corridors and improved terminus and interchange facilities
- improved walking and cycling infrastructure
- downtown ferry terminal improvements.
In addition to the agreed ATAP package of investments, the NZTA and Auckland Transport continue to investigate future cross-harbour travel demand.
One of the priorities for this project is to support improved public transport access to the city centre from the North Shore.
More information about connected city centre